Are you capable enough to carry out the garage door spring replacement? Know here…..
Counting on the most important components of a garage door, springs come on the top position. No doubt other parts are also important, but the significance of springs is detected from the fact that you would not be able to operate your garage door without them. Much crucial for the door’s functioning, the springs hold its weight while lifting up and bringing it down. Without springs, your garage door will not stay at opened position as nothing will be there to balance its weight.
As springs play a vital role in your garage door operations, you need to ensure that they are in the best possible working condition. The life expectancy of the springs is not measured in the years, but it depends on the number of cycles for which it has been operated. Opening and closing the door makes a single cycle. So, more you operate your door; shorter will be the life of your door springs. In general, if operated two times a day, torsion springs can work well up to 10-12 years and the extension springs up to 6-7 years; provided that you are ensuring their proper maintenance.
However, if broken then garage door springs will not work again. In such a case, you are required to replace them. Though sometimes, when fracture is small, they can be used again after getting welded, but it is not recommended as they can break again anytime. So, whether your springs are fully torn or there is a small fracture; you should get them replaced. Moreover, when it comes to garage door spring replacement, you are always recommended to hire professional services. It is because of the dangers that are involved in the process. Normally, the garage door springs are under a huge tension which needs to be held properly while making repairs. Even a little mistake can end your life or cause a severe injury.
Other reasons for which you are required to hire the professional garage door service are:
- You may not be aware of the size and type of the springs that would be perfect for your garage door.
- You may not be aware of the detailed process and step by step instructions that are must to consider.
- As a normal garage door owner, there are more chances that you are not having all the required tools.
- You may have no knowledge about the safety measures that you must take to ensure your safety.
- In many cases, the broken springs can lead to other defects in the door which may not be clearly depicted. For ensuring the proper repair, you are required to inspect about the possible defects. And great chances are there that you will not be able to do that.
- You may not be able to ensure that whether the replacement has done correctly or not.
All these aspects make it necessary to hire professional garage door services. No doubt it will cost you some money, but the accurate repairs and proper inspection of the door will enable you to save your money in the long run.